
He was just a couple weeks old here, tiny enough to fit into a small basket that I brought with (along with a knit blanket from Target which also made a great prop).


These photos have an intimate appeal because they were taken in Melissa and Nick's living room using natural light streaming in through the window. I tried to capture the essence of being new parents.

I also tried to capture the tiny size of this little guy.

New moms kill me. They have this expression that I can't describe other than they appear to be overcome with amazement and love. Yep, new moms kill me.

... But not as much as new dads. These are shots are so precious, they actually make me feel a little emotional. I don't know why.


Truthfully, this photo shoot only lasted around 10 minutes, but I am really happy with the shots we got. I also managed to get a few shots of the entire family.

I shot all color but converted some to black and white. I also used less sharpening when processing these so that they'd have a soft, ethereal feel.

Congrats, Melissa and Nick! I couldn't be happier for you two. I'm looking forward to taking more photos of Leo as he grows (and man, he is growing like crazy).
1 comments:
You did an awesome job with these beautiful pictures! We have a little munchkin arriving in approximately 4 weeks! Now I just can't wait to snap some newborn pic's! Great work Kristi!
Post a Comment